I am not going to lie, I was ready to change careers at the beginning of the school year.
Seriously, I researched a new career path and was ready to start my journey in the medical field. I sent an application into a local community college and enrolled myself into courses to begin my new journey. I was ready to leave my school and never look back!
I cried everyday the entire two weeks of training and first few weeks of school. I suffered anxiety attacks like never before and became seriously depressed. I was a total basket case and dreaded every morning I had to get up and enter the school building.
I won't annoy you with all of the reasons why I cried or why I had taken such drastic measures, but I will tell you that I was MISERABLE!
Things continued to get worse before they got better! Students were running the school and the teachers had no say in anything. Teachers were being forced to teach a curriculum that needed major improvement. I could go on and on!
As the year progressed, things got better and I became a happier person and teacher. I started to get excited about what I was being forced to teach and actually forgot that the new curriculum that had been implemented was total crap!
Over the last month I have decided to not only take on Varsity Cheerleading sponsor, I am also considering a new grade level!
I know I am a total rebel!
Many of my friends believe I am on something, but I am simply ready for change and I have decided to go all the way! The funny thing about all of this change is that I am not a change kind of gal. I have never liked change. Even as a child change made me crazy!
I am so happy that I didn't decide to give up on teaching because teaching is what I do best. I love inspiring young minds, I love mentoring and I love seeing eyes light up when something registers upstairs! Teaching is what I do and I can't imagine doing anything else!
No comments:
Post a Comment